Hospitality venues across the world are the spaces where many of us have our first dates.
It’s where we nervously meet to get to know each other with the hope of a connection that leads to a second date.
To be honest, it’s very similar to how our relationship with customers evolves. They read about us, they hear about us, or perhaps they are introduced by a friend.
A customer’s first impression of your venue is much like that first date too: tentative about their reception, not sure what you are known for or which dishes to try.
So how can you turn that first guest experience into a happy regular visitor and even a loyal advocate?
A second date is the key!
First impressions count, so how do yours stack up?
Does your website and social media presence put forward the messages and positioning that you have?
Do your online reviews reflect how most people experience your business? Is online booking easy?
Can prospective lifelong customers stay in touch and build that relationship with you even when they aren’t seeing you all the time?
These are some of the burning challenges that a partnership with Impact Data and Now Book It can help your venue solve.
So let’s start at the beginning, those first impressions that lead to that first date.
- Now Book It, Australia and New Zealand’s most powerful table reservation platform, is the right partner to help create that first impression that leads to a date (booking). Whether it’s a 24/7 booking widget on your website that can handle single or group bookings, suggest another time period if you are full, sell gift cards or entice a certain type of customer with a wine night or summer degustation, this is a critical first step.
- Nurturing that relationship where the journey starts is important. Guests can even let you know of important details like:
- celebrating a big event
- or needing a table that’s accessible for someone with mobility needs
With the right reservation platform, you are well on your way to building a long-term relationship with that first-time visitor.
Now, your first date is scheduled, and preparing your guest for their first experience is the next step.
- Sending a pre-booking confirmation should be more than just a couple of lines of text. Perhaps a little bit about your story or your menu to build anticipation is a good start.
- One of the key benefits of working with Now Book It is that the customers that make a reservation with you, are your customers. That means they won’t be marketed to by other restaurants or automatically be added to other databases. This opens up the opportunity to build that relationship and get that second date that might lead to a third and fourth…
Our research shows that over 80% of customers don’t make a second booking. Know why? Because they didn’t get asked out again.
This is where Impact Data comes in.
After all the great work your team has done making that first visit a memorable one, it’s time to turn that visit into a second date.
Impact Data’s automated customer retention solution is like your dating coach. We analyse the behaviour of your customers and then figure out the best time to ask them for that next date.
In fact, we even help you to get to know them a little better by asking important questions like the day they’d like to be celebrated and food choices.
Our hands-free solution takes the heavy lifting and guesswork out of when you should communicate to get that next date. And as our knowledge deepens, and you get to know that customer a little better, we can do even more to build that guest into a valued regular.
In fact, we can even ask them to act as a referrer for you by getting them to review your business and talk about how great you are and post their reviews on Google and Facebook– so we can keep our
dating book reservation diary full.
So, if your business is ready to fill your calendar with a full house of dates, automatically, then reach out to Now Book It or Impact Data to start the conversation.