Let’s face it Father’s Day (1st Sunday in September) isn’t quite the same retail and hospitality occasion that Mother’s Day is, but there is no reason why it can’t be with a little imagination and preparation.
We have compiled a list of great ideas to help make Dad’s day and give your business a boost.
If you are a hospitality business….
- Vouchers are a great option, but why not include a keepsake your customer can take home to remember the special day. A small hamper, a house made condiment or a cookbook that continues the experience for every voucher that gets redeemed.
- Create a Father’s Day breakfast or brunch – you might want to prioritise sending it to your most engaged customers first as a pre-sale opportunity. If you haven’t connected your booking platform with TalkBox then contact us for help.
- Run a promotion to get kids to tell you why their Dad is the greatest, use the content on your socials and select a winner for a BBQ Pack, meal for 2 or sports experience. This is a great promotion to run in the lead up to Fathers Day and can help build your database.
- Think people might dine at home? Then create a dine at home pack that people can order for delivery to multiple addresses at the same time. Is your delivery partner on the list of Impact Data Partners? Check them out and get connected so you can keep building your database.
- Got a chef with charisma? Combine your dine at home pack with a video cooking class. You can simply record it, add it to YouTube, Facebook or Instagram and then add the link on a flyer in your pack or even add a voucher to book a private session
- Famous for your wine list? Why not organise a Dinner with wine pairings to showcase your bolder wine styles and sell tickets via your booking partner or a ticketing platform.
- Work with your suppliers to create an at home wine and dinner pack. Create a meal experience with matching wines customers can enjoy at their own pace.
- Why not work with the other local businesses in your area and get creative:
- Dads Night Out – a meal at your restaurant, movie tickets and a drink voucher for afterwards at the late night bar.
- Dads Night In – Delivery a dinner from your business and include a selection of gifts for Dad from retailers in your area. This could include the latest sports book from your local bookstore or some slippers from the specialty retailer.
- Dads Night Off – a family friendly event where kids eat free and get an entertainment pack from the newsagent to give Dad some quiet time over dinner.
- Dads Night Away – dinner at your venue with a voucher for the local B&B or hotel.
- Dads Sports Night – got a big screen? Queue up a night or day where sports blockbusters are sure to fill the house. Create a menu and drinks offer that kids can buy for Dad and his mates.
- Talk to your local restaurant and cafe and come up with some hampers and experiences that you can both market to your database.
- Run a promotion to your customer database to win a Father’s Day Prize for Dad.
- Send an email showcasing your Father’s Day range that can be delivered direct to Dad.
For all businesses:
- Once you have decided what you are doing as your Father’s Day promotion you need to let your customers know!
- Plan communications in the lead up about your Father’s Day gift ideas. Communicate different offers to different segments of your database. Eg. if you can identify your top spenders you might showcase some of the more premium offerings
And lastly, save everyone’s bacon and grab sales from those last-minute (forgetful) children and send an SMS reminder on Saturday about Father’s Day. Select ‘add promotion’ include links to products that can be purchased easily online such as gift vouchers.
Got an idea you would like to share? Contact us at email@example.com